Design and implement reporting solutions in support of a claims operation with 300 staff. Help IT team pursue a reporting roadmap to implement a new data warehouse design. Create reporting dashboards, custom reporting, and ad hoc reporting to support rapid growth and scalability of a fast growing $100+ million business. Assist in providing clients, leadership, and sales with detailed metrics and performance data that will drive critical decision making and performance management.
This position is a technical position where we are looking for a blend of strong programming competency combined with business acumen that will be critical to building a new capability for reporting across multiple business entities. Significant opportunity for advancement, leadership opportunities, and executive level engagement. Tell us about your successful track record of using reporting implementations to help an organization drive operational and financial results. We can consider a part remote option for some candidates.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Bridge reporting needs between Operations, IT, Finance
Assess data needs and help design reporting solutions including data visualization tools either within current reporting tools, or research and recommend new third party software reporting solutions.
Be part of a team moving the business aggressively to a metric and data driven performance management capability across multiple business lines.
Program reporting dashboards and templates to allow self service by non-technical staff
Analyze and provide insights into operational improvement opportunities based on data insights
Work with IT team to design data feeds from various internal systems including Payroll system data, Insurance claims data, Financial systems data.
Assist operations staff, supervisors and managers with creating new and improved reporting solutions which will make managing the operation easier and more efficient.
Provide monthly, weekly, quarterly, and yearly reporting to clients and internal stake holders, including executive, operation's leaders.
Develop trending reports when needed and provided recommendation on action plans to leadership across the company. Prepare for business reviews and identify action items within each account.
Perform other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelors degree or masters in business or sciences
- Strong programming and reporting background in a business setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft office (word, excel, Outlook)
- Expert user of MS excel
- Ability to query data using SQL
- Previous experience with data warehouse projects
- Prior experience using or implementing data visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI,
- Experience implementing reporting databases and overlay tools
- Systems in use include: Microsoft Dynamics (Financial), ADP (payroll), Paycom (Payroll), Netsuite (Financial), Salesforce (sales and workflow management)
- Programming languages include C#